CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 29, 2013

New Year....New Challenge

I can't believe it has been over a year since I did anything with this blog.  I guess I got in my groove with summer school last year and I didn't ever get back to blogging.  
But I'm back and maybe I can keep up this year.

I have accepted a challenge from my principal....... 

 I am moving to Kindergarten! 

It has worked out that there will need to be another kindergarten class next year and my principal has asked me to teach that class next year.  I was hesitant to leave my comfortable place in 1st grade but I told her I would do it for 1 year! Because there are several kids that would have benefited from another year of kindergarten I am going to have them in my class along with a few kids from pre-K that are more advanced. I'm planning on teaching it like a transitional first grade. And.....my principal is letting me loop back to 1st grade with these kids.  I'm excited about that!!! 
I have never taught a class like this before and to tell the truth....I am pretty nervous.  I hope it is a good fit for me and the kids. 
  

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your new grade. Won't it be nice to know those kids when they become smart little first graders?
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete