CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2012

New Paint...Fresh Start!

My buddy teacher and I painted our rooms last week and it looks FANTASTIC!!!  I'll try to post pictures sometime soon. It started out a yucky baby blue here is a picture of me and Monique. You can see the ugly walls in the background.
Background on this precious little girl: She was in my class 3 years ago. She had Osteoscaroma. Bone Cancer.  In July of 2009 she passed away. That was the hardest time I've ever been through in my teaching career. Even though we were out of school I went to Monique's house at least 3-4 times a week. Her foster mom (yep, add in being a foster kid) is a FANTASTIC lady and I would help her by sitting with Mo so she could go grocery shopping or just get away.  Monique holds a very very special place in my heart.  I miss her terribly. I am a better teacher, mom and just a better person by her being a part of my life even if it was only for a little while.  I know she is waiting for me in heaven. See you later little girl!!

OK...back to my room... So we painted a beige color.  MUCH BETTER!! It is so much warmer and feels more like home! But now I have a huge mess.  I have the rest of this week to get everything back to its home and organized before summer school starts. Joy Joy!!  Maybe tomorrow I will be able to see the middle of my room! We can always dream right?
Love, Fonda

1 comment:

  1. One of my past students was diagnosed with cancer the spring of the year he was in my room. Now he's in fourth grade but things don't look good for him. I'm sorry you had to say goodbye.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete